Girls Basketball Tryouts (7th and 8th grade)
- October 17th and 18th, 7:00 am - 8:15 am
- Must have an updated physical to tryout
- Paperwork Link
Running Club Sign-Up Form
Running Club Rules and Waiver
Boys and Girls Club of Kenosha Flyer
Mahone Newsletter - September - November 2016
Parent/Teacher Conference Sign-Up Form - English
Parent/Teacher Conference Sign-Up Form - Spanish
Pathway to National Junior Honor Society
Scholarship ~ Service ~ Leadership ~ Character ~ Citizenship
Do you have excellent grades?
Do you like to serve/help others?
Do you find yourself to be a problem solver?
Are you a resourceful person?
Can you demonstrate high standards of honesty and reliability?
If you answered, “YES” to all of the statements above, then you should consider becoming a member of the National Junior Honor Society!
1. Members must maintain a 3.5 Cumulative Grade Point Average while at Mahone. Invitations will be mailed to potential candidates after quarter 3 grades are posted.
2. Members must complete 12 or more documented hours of community service by May 2, 2017. Service hours may begin the first day of school. Hours include service to school, church, or community – anything where you are not compensated for your service. The form for documenting service hours is below. New members will turn the slips in with their application in the spring. Hang on to them until then.
3. Members must demonstrate strong character and leadership through behavior and interaction with others. Behavioral referrals could be grounds for immediate dismissal from NJHS.
Look for more information soon about this unique organization that enhances student success! This year’s induction ceremony will take place on May 22, 2017 at 6:00pm in Mahone’s auditorium. Please see Mr. Landgraf (6th grade rep), Mr. Kutz (7th grade rep) Miss Carton or Mrs. Kindsvater (8th grade reps) for any questions pertaining to this awesome organization.
NJHS Service Hours Sheet
KUSD will begin piloting Kajeet at Bradford, Indian Trail and Tremper high schools, as well as Bullen, Lance, Lincoln, Mahone and Washington middle schools in January 2016. Kajeet is a mobile hotspot that offers internet usage to students at home with the same filters and protections they would have while at school. This service will be FREE for our families
Visit your school library media teacher for specific program details or kajeet.net to learn more.